A lot of us are aware of typical slang that is gay “kiki” or “trade, ” but did you ever hear of a “Lucky Pierre” a “Ring Snatcher? ” You might be one — and you don’t even know if you haven’t.
Compiled from dictionaries and glossaries featuring centuries of queer slang from around the world, listed below are 50 uncommon or phrases that are out-of-use you ought to agree to memory. “Over the connection to Pimpleton” we get.
1. Angel food (n. ) – homosexual male pilot currently serving floating around Force.
2. Basket shopping (v. ) – when cruising or someone that is checking, British term refers to examining the thing of one’s affection’s personal areas through their clothes.
3. Beat (adj. ) – exceedingly wonderful or great, “fabulous. ” Tonight Example: “Did you see her at the club? That look was beat. ”
4. Bulldagger (n. ) – a woman that is masculine closely pertaining to “butch lesbian. ” Also see: “Diesel lesbian, ” term referring to women that are queer appear to be vehicle drivers.
5. Chapstick lesbian (n. ) – queer identified woman that is athletic and sporty. Your message denotes that she’s the not the sort to put on makeup products (ala a “lipstick lesbian”) and applies to an even more normal look.
6. Chicken (n. ) – a young homosexual male searching for older males; see additionally: Chicken hawk, talking about an adult homosexual male trying to find more youthful lovers.
7. Cottaging (v. ) – British slang for setting up in public areas restrooms.
8. Donald Duck (letter. ) – a homosexual male that is dishonorably released through the Navy because of their sex; see additionally: “Dishonorable Discharge, ” or masturbating solo after attempting to choose somebody up and failing.
9. Doris Day (letter. ) – 90s South African slang for Gay Pride. Example: “The gays will march on Doris Day. ”
10. Eyeball queen (n. ) – individual who derives pleasure from watching others practice sex.
11. Fanny bellhop (n. ) – gay male used by the hospitality industry, such as for example a concierge or even a bellhop at a resort.
12. Fish and chips (n. ) – pejorative 90s British slang for the partner and kids of the married lover that is“heterosexual.
13. Complete house (n. ) – term utilized to denote having one or more intimately sent Infection at the same time.
14. Woman scout (n. ) – military man on leave, presently searching for intercourse.
15. Grimm’s fairy (letter. ) – usually utilized to explain an aging male that is gay similar to “auntie”
16. Hetty (n. ) – reduced form of the expressed camhub review word“heterosexual, ” similar to “hetero” or “het. ”
17. Horatian (n. ) – from the belated nineteenth century, term utilized at Oxford amongst Lord Byron along with his compatriots up to a bisexual individual; see additionally: “Gillette blade, ” discussing a bisexual feminine.
18. Hoyden (n. ) – slang from Britain when you look at the century that is 16th make reference to an untameable, crazy woman or perhaps a tomboy.
19. Ice cream (n. ) – some body so sweet that the desire is had by you to lick them.
20. In sisters (n. ) – two effeminate homosexual guys that have a romantic but non-sexual relationship, often close friends.
22. Iron closet (letter. ) – individual in deep denial about their sexuality that is own whom might never turn out.
24. Lacy (adj. ) – utilized to an extremely effeminate male that is homosexual.
25. Lounge lizard (n. ) – someone who frequents pubs, wanting to grab other individuals’ mates.
26. Happy Pierre (n. ) – the middleman in a Eiffel Tower.
27. Skip Congeniality (letter. ) – exceedingly negative term talking about an unlikable or “bitchy” homosexual male.
28. Mom Superior (letter. ) – older and wiser gay male who ‘s been around the block once or twice; comparable to “auntie, ” but more favorable.
29. Nine-dollar bill (n. ) – exceedingly outward homosexual, one three-times more flaming than a person who is “queerer than the usual three-dollar bill. ”
30. From the make (adj. ) – single person entitled to dating or casual sex. See additionally: “In circulation. ”
31. Orphan (n. ) – someone who has also been separated with.
32. Within the connection to Pimpleton (letter. ) – cumbersome term for homosexual intercourse.
33. Passion fruit (n. ) – old Hollywood term discussing a very straight-acting and typically masculine male.
34. Ring snatcher (n. ) – during intercourse, the one who carries out the role that is bottom. Additionally see: “Pratt. ”
35. Rumpy-Rumpy (n. ) – homosexual intercourse; see additionally: “Bumper to Bumper, ” referring to lesbian sex that is vaginal.
36. Sappho Daddy-o (letter. ) – gay male who enjoys the organization of lesbians, comparable to “Fruit Fly” for straight ladies.
37. Saturday Night Lesbian (letter. ) – term for lesbians whom promote themselves as heterosexual to their normal weekdays that can be into the wardrobe to buddies and co-workers.
38. Trousers (n. ) – no-longer-in-use term to a lesbian; see additionally: “Muffer” or “Kissing Fish. ”
39. Smurf (n. ) – another term for twink, frequently more pejorative, because it suggests a “bitchy” demeanor.
40. Tinkerbelle (n. ) – queer man who enjoys being urinated upon.
41. Ursula (n. ) – queer woman who hangs down with “bears; ” also called a “Goldilocks. ”
42. Vampire (n. ) – gay males whom venture out searching for hookups late during the night.
43. Vegan (n. ) – homosexual male who can perhaps maybe maybe not provide dental.
44. Warm bruder (n. ) – German phrase accustomed identify a gay male; “warm” is German slang for “homosexual. ”
Note: if you reside in Germany, you’ve certainly heard this 1. English and American German-speakers have actually a poor habit of saying “Ich bin” that is warm hot times, being unsure of what they’re really saying.
45. Wendy (n. ) – a person that is caucasian.
46. Wolf (n. ) – gay male who’s neither a twink nor a bear, but falls someplace in amongst the two poles; just like a cub.
47. Wrinkle room (n. ) – pejorative term for the club whose clients mainly contains older gays.
48. Garden boy (n. ) – gay male who enjoys making love in public places, particularly in outdoor venues.
49. Yestergay (n. ) – former homosexual who now identifies as straight, also called “ex-gays. ”
50. Zanie (n. ) – archaic nineteenth century phrase talking about a male homosexual
51. Zipper club (n. ) – a sex celebration or orgy that takes invest a public area, just like a bathhouse or a club.
Note: Autostraddle features a great a number of lady-centric queer expressions, a number of that have been included right right here. Check the rest out on the web site. Madison Moore even offers a list explaining best wishes homosexual slang that is black.
Get the very best of believe Catalog in your inbox.
Subscribe to the idea Catalog Weekly to get the greatest stories from the to your inbox every Friday week.
You might unsubscribe whenever you want. By subscribing, you consent to the regards to our Privacy declaration.
In regards to the writer
Find out more about believe Catalog and our authors on our about page.